vacation's over...for me

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 18:11:37 PDT

It's hard to believe that my short two-month vacation has slipped away...and now I head back to school tomorrow and students return on August 9. Where has the summer gone? We got out the end of May...

The NC state legislature passed a bill this summer to set the opening dates "state-wide" for next year to the third week in August. Local school districts can no longer set their opening dates. I'm not sure how it will all work out...because they will be cutting out FIVE workdays for teachers. So...I'm not sure if students will be returning before Labor Day or not. I do know that our first semester will no longer end prior to Christmas holidays. And our ending date will be back to June 10th or so. They're also saying that even losing 5 days for teachers, there will be no "cut in pay". Wonder when we'll do our staff development!!! It will be interesting...

Carolyn Roberts

---