Political Issues in Art - lesson to update

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 12:27:46 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I have valued all of the discussion so far on this topic.

I am now asking for some specific images to link to Sara Gant's lesson
plan - Social Issues in Art.... What specific works of art would you choose.
I have already added links to Steve Shepard and Sergio Hernandez for two
contemporary artists and have written them emails for permission to put
images of the work on the lesson plan.

I will add Pablo Picasso (theme of war and peace) and Kathe Kollwitz - What
specific images would you use?
I used a number of German Expressionists printmakers in my high school unit
(found in books).

These can be American Artists - or from any country for a more global view.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources