Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: reduction print help needed

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 17:13:23 PDT

dawn stien wrote:
> I'm planning to attempt a reduction print sometime
> this semester, but I've never attempted it myself.
> I want the prints to be approx 9x12 so they can be
> entered in competitions if they come out good enough.
> Do they just carve down the sections as they complete
> each color? or do they actually cut away the block?

Just carve down into the areas, lightest colors first.

> how will they line up (Register?) the block, if we cut
> it down?

??? As long as you retain the edges of the block you
should be able to register the colors. We eye ball it,
but there are lots of methods.

Here's a site showing my eight graders going through
the steps, perhaps it will help.

                                Woody in KC

> any advice for the best material?

        We use battleship linoleum.