reduction print help needed

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 17:00:42 PDT

I'm planning to attempt a reduction print sometime
this semester, but I've never attempted it myself.

I want the prints to be approx 9x12 so they can be
entered in competitions if they come out good enough.

Do they just carve down the sections as they complete
each color? or do they actually cut away the block?
how will they line up (Register?) the block, if we cut
it down?

any advice for the best material? I have done plain
lino cuts, but it takes forever...I think the
speedycut stuff is cool, but pricy - I usually only do
small projects with the speedycut stuff.

So, my lack of experience is obvious...if I need to
know anything else, please clue me in.

Thanks, Dawn