Re: clown project -Mary Jane - Melissa

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 13:09:47 PDT

Thanks for all the replys for clown projects! Melissa, the simple shapes you used were kinda what I was thinking of. I liked your addition of sponge painting in the backgrounds. Michal your clown project was great too. Susan, I will diffenitely use the Ringling Brothers site to introduce the project. And thanks Judy for directing me to the resource and idea of connecting to Roualt. I was also thinking of Seurat, Chagall.

Fourth grade will be studing line. They will do this with pipe cleaner figures in circus activities. their drawing of their circus figures and the clowns should make a nice display for Open House, don't you think!

MJHadley
>From: "Judy Decker"
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: Re: clown project -Mary Jane - Melissa
>Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:17:53 -0400
>
>Hi Mary Jane,
>
>When I did clowns we did the hearvy black glue outline and filled in with rich layering of oil pastels. I use Georges Rouault http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/rouault_georges.html ....but I must say I like Melissa's shapes clown a whole lot better for teaching the concept of shapes. They sure made me smile! I'm sending her links to Art4Kids. That's the kind of stuff they are looking for, too.
>
>Melissa, if you have more art on your school site - please post to the list.
>
>Sensational Sunday!
>
>Judy

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month. ---