I have one more...

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 12:27:40 PDT

I am not at all prepared for kids on Tuesday
but I think some of my ramblings do help me to prepare

making lessons is no problem for me
but I'm always thinking how my lessons may satisfy some of my own needs and
not the kids
I am guilty of living vicariously through their experiences. Often my lesson
design is something I find value in exploring and I make the objective to
fit my idea.
My idea is always exploration but finding the fit to the kids I'm not sure I
have found.

I have just decided I will spend the opening day investigating what they
care about not what I care about and we will find a fit between the
two

It's not what is Fine Arts it is what they see as the need to express
about and I may be getting to old to know what that is. They have to have
a voice in this process.

---