Re: Is Fine Arts or Visual Arts or Art?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 11:53:43 PDT

ok
this is just the kind of thing that makes me nuts
if we can't agree on what art is how the heck do we expect kids to
What are we teaching?
you are talking this high art vs low art stuff

art is a visual expression period. . .
apparently there are a lot of art teachers out there that shouldn't be

it very much saddens me to see so many stuck in a tradition
I always thought art was defined by disregarding the tradition and finding
new ways to define the form
I think
the great artists cared less about the argument
they went forward with the form
I'm failing to see forwardness in art education
Patty

---