RE: Clay - Air Dry or Kiln?

---------

From: Grace Hall (Grace_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 10:46:59 PDT

Cathy, I don't recommend air dry clay. I used it with 7th and 8th
graders and about 50% of the projects broke due to a variety of reasons,
from clumsyness to too much water used for slipping. It's just not
worth it to me. Dick Blick offers great clay for low fire, and they
make it fairly simple to choose. The clay I've ordered from them comes
in blocks of 25lbs. I've had great success with it.
Grace