Welcome back Mary - Art topics

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 10:13:00 PDT

Hi Mary,

Research is tough....it takes a lot of time...do something you feel
"passionate" about.
Make it worth your time. Do something that will really help you in the
classroom to become a better teacher - more efficient - motivate your
students.
My research was on using Hypermedia to Motivate Students to learn art
content. Judging motivation was kind of tricky - but I guess I did succeed.
I did have proof that providing the hypermedia (my Web site) made it easier
for them to find content. I am certain technology in the classroom is still
a "hot topic".

Dawn Stienekcer has gotten me more interested in Visual Culture - the kind
of lessons she has done are what I was calling DBAE. Visual Culture is still
a hot topic.

As far as other Art topics... I have over 31 folders in "Add to Site" with
topics in Art Education. I am interested in what Hot Topics folks think are
important now and I will make a list of the ones to get on the site first.
What ever topic you choose, I am sure I have some list posts to give you
direction. I hope ERIC is still available to give you the research
documents.

I wish you the best!

Judy Decker