Re: clown project

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 10:02:57 PDT

I did clown paintings with 2nd and 3rd, with my main objective being to teach
procedures for painting with liquid tempera. (They were doing a"Circus Circus"
musical program in music class and we used the paintings on the back drop for
that.)

For the clowns, I had students paint the answers to a series of questions I
asked them, starting with: "What shape is your clown's head?" Then we went on
with questions like, Is the clown happy or sad? What is the clown wearing on
it's head? What shape is the nose? etc.

here is a website we looked at looked at for inspiration before we started
painting:
http://www.ringling.com/activity/clownfun/createaclowngame.asp

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---