Re: clown project

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 08:04:56 PDT

I do clowns as a portraiture lesson with my 2nd graders each year
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/second/clowns2.html
Variations I have done are to draw the clown large on 12x18" white paper and outline with glue, then when the glue is dry paint with acrylics or watercolors. Draw clowns on colored paper, color with construction paper crayons or oil pastels. I have a large circle punch and I gave them their choice of a nose color (I didn't require red noses), and we attached them with 3-Do's.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
  I am starting the year with lessons that have to do with the elements of design as lots of you do. I would like to do a lesson with 2nd about clowns and base this lesson on shapes. Any body have any ideas?

  MJHadley

---