Re: Bookbinding history?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 07:55:20 PDT

The callousness of our society towards the sick and injured never ceases to amaze me. My son landed hard on his ankle the first day of football practice two weeks ago Monday. When he told his coach he was told to "suck it up" (such a strange term that we tell our young men, but never our young ladies). Two days later he had screws put in his ankle. I know his coaches care about him and his well being, but they just assumed he was trying to get out of practice. Oh well.... :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  Wish we had phones. There is an intercom, but worth your life to get anyone to answer it. Last year I was sick and knew I was going to lose my breakfast. I called the office and said I was sick and needed coverage for my class, and they told me they were having trouble with the laminating machine and couldn't come.

  So much for intercoms. The poor custodian had to clean up the hall all the way to the nurses. I bought him a present.

  Oh, on to work.

  Les

---