Re: Help - worksheets for elements and principles of art

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 05:36:58 PDT

I love this concept too. Last year, and I might have gotten this from the list but if I did I don't remember who, in second grade , we took a line for a walk(for the covers of their sketchbook). They started with a starting dot on the left side of their paper. And put an ending dot on the other side. I had them choose a colored marker and timed how long they used each color (Maybe a minute or two). They could only go up, down, left and right. No diagonal! This is a way for you to contraol so they done get too may lines and scribble scrabble. For the little ones, maybe it would be better to start with a 9 x 12. I love the lesson though with all the elements together.

MJHadley

>From: vranck0602@aol.com
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: Re: Help - worksheets for elements and principles of art
>Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:43:22 EDT
>
>Eileen,
>Hi,
>I use standard xerox paper, 8 1/2"x 11", and I use the term continuous line,
>stops where it started and must cover the page, but remember, not to much.
>Remember in the third grade (somewhere around that time) when you would draw a
>line all over the paper and it would stop where it started and then you just
>colored each shape a different color? like that.
>vicki
>
>---

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls. ---