Re: Fake Daugerreotypes - & pinhole

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 04:20:11 PDT

Several years ago my students used a first-generation digital camera and took pictures around school. Those images were then put into an image-editing program, sized and printed out onto transparency material in the inverse so as to look like a photo negative. Those images were then placed onto copper tooling foil that had been coated with Liquid Light photo emulsion and burned onto the emulsion through a photo enlarger light. They were developed in the darkroom using regular photo chemistry. I called the process "Digital Dagereotypes" and had received funding for the process from my Teacher Center's grant program.

Dennis

Dennis Golombek

http://www.dgolombek.net

---