Pam Stephens students - Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 20:11:48 PDT

A Warm Welcome to all of Pam Stephens students.

Sarah has brought up Jackson Pollock as a unit to motivate boys. Right now
Incredible Art Department doesn't have a lot of resources online for Jackson
Pollock.
You will find a listing of popular American Artists on this page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm
Jackson Pollock was inspired by Navajo Sandpainting (one link I remembered
having some info is now off line -- that's the trouble with compiling
resources like this):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/diversit.htm
Quite a while ago, I did some searches for another list member on the
connections and think I saved the file. It is just impossible to put all the
wonderful links I find and resources posted to the list on the site.
Incredible Resources (formally Middle School Art) has always been a "gift"
to Getty ArtsEdNet Talk. It became a part of Incredible Art Department last
February.

Visit Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Department was created by Ken Rohrer, a former elementary art
teacher - now administrator. This is a wonderful place to share lesson
plans. One of the new features I started is the Files for Sharing folder.
This allows me to get lessons plans and files out very quickly to share with
the list serves - Just one of the perks of joining the list. Art Education
list helped to build Incredible Art Department over the years (Ken Rohrer
started Art Education list). When I get some time, I will get an index
created for you to access - but for now - simply watch for the posts - if
you like a file - download it. I'm still sorting and deciding the look of
the index page.

Recently, you saw some posts about Marty Reid's Ice Breaker Bingo:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/BINGO.htm
Students go around the room and get names of students - they put the answer
and the name in the block. Prizes can be awarded for the first BINGO - and
for the first to fill their card. I'll be adding the posts that were made to
the lists that explain how they used it.
The Survival Kit is a fun way to discipline kids:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/survival.htm

Lesson plans are there for you to use. What we do if we use a lesson that
someone else has written and post work to the web, we list the author's name
with our student work. We all know that lesson plans take a long time to
write. If you do a lesson in your pre-service training that you would like
to share. I would be honored to put it on the site. Most list members like
to see an image with the lesson. So when you can, include a digital image.
You will see that Pam Stephens has an excellent lesson on Matisse on the
site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/pam-matisse.htm
and one on Rousseau:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/rousseau2.htm
This gives you an idea how you take an idea and extend:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/rousseau.htm
With all new plans that are added, I have tried to add Internet Resources

Well if you all were able to wade your way through all of that....I am going
to give you all an opportunity to jump in and play a game of fish. Remember
"Go Fish"?
To play the game - just come up with a topic - culture -artist - whatever
that really interests you. What is YOUR art passion? You post your passion.
For this one - I'll reply off list to cut down on the amount of mail.
This can be a fun way for you to collect links for a topic that interests
you.

I'll start with one of my passions - African Art - I have a huge Internet
lesson on African Art and Art of Mali:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/afr-less.htm

Post your passion and I'll show your where it is on the site....and if I
simply have it in a links file - I'll forward those to you.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/