Re: melting temp of beeswax?

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 19:40:24 PDT

> When I tried yarn painting years ago using white glue, it was quite a mess and the kids were pretty frustrated since the yarn stuck to their fingers! In this plan, the teacher used grated beeswax which he melted with a heat gun... Hmmm....sounds like a less sticky alternative.

Dear Sharon,
I don't know the answer to your question, but when I went to Mexico they had
amazing bead work on bowls and other object, stuck in beeswax. My question
is yours. How do you get it on there, and then how does it stay? I was in
the markets and it was hot and I shook them, nothing came off!
Becky

---