Re: Fake Daugerreotypes - & pinhole

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 18:48:53 PDT

Thanks Alix and Mike... Now I have two more great links to add to my
Photography Resources page.
Mike, here is another example how artists come up with the same idea by
looking at art. I admire the Daugerreotypes of my anscestors.
After studying them for a considerable amount of time... I came up with the
idea to have my students print their hero on transparency and overlay over
silver. We spray painted the cardboard background - the link below has other
suggestions.
We did these as covers for our Heroes shadow boxes (finished size about 9 x
12). They made the frame for their "daugerreotypes" with tooling foil.
I took some pictures to show you --but the floppy was bad - I'll share later
sometime. I want to update that Heroes Lesson Plan anyways and will add
them.

Fake Daugerreotypes
http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~mukluk/dau.html

I imagine there will be another World Wide Pinhole Photography Day.
http://www.pinholeday.org/ - Yes April 24

Judy Decker