Aprons - try this - sew to plastic

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 09:44:36 PDT

Hi Linda,

This idea that I used to make bibs for Matthew might work. I bought
plastic/clear vinyl (sold by the yard) at the fabric store and stitched
fabric and plastic together.
I edged them with bias seam binding. They held up real well. I still have
one as a momento. I bet you could get parents to help with the stitching.
This would give you a very easy to clean the surface (and they can still be
laundered on gentle cycle if need be). I think you would have trouble
getting the fabric through the laminator - but maybe not.

Let us know if you do this. I think it would be a fun project for the
kids...maybe have them do their table artists for starters.

Super Saturday,

Judy