Re: Need Ideas for senior guys...

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 07:17:21 PDT

Sarah:

Way to go. Thanks for being the brave pre-service student who jumps in first. Extra points for Sarah!

Plan to discuss your suggestion in class Tuesday. Start thinking about how your suggestion can

1. lend itself to finding meaning in Pollock's work while keeping in mind that comprehensive art teaching isn't simply making art "in the style of" and
2. be practically implemented (what do you as a teacher need to do to prepare students and the area for this activity).

Let's hope some of the experienced art educators on the list will lend their expertise and give some guidance. You might wish to print out your initial posting and subsequent postings from others for your journal/portfolio.

Pam