RE: Clay - Air Dry or Kiln?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 08:27:19 PDT

Before we moved into our new building with the new kiln (yeah!) I experimented
with several clays that did not require firing. Sculpey was the best I found
because I could bake it in my oven, it remained pliable until used, didn't
break as easily as other air dry clays, and it comes in white & can be easily
painted with acrylics. It costs a little more than air dry clays, but it is
well worth it. I would buy the 24 lb. package which costs around $80. I guess
it depends on your project (we made Metepec Suns) as to how many you can get
per box. I could get approx. 8 classes per box. Hope this helps!

Denise Pannell
Defiance. OH

  One of the other teachers
>at my school suggested Air Dry Clay which I've never worked with so I don't
>have any experience to go on and would greatly appreciate any advice or
>suggestions as to what type of clay to use with my students.

>Mahalo,
>Cathy

---