More Hands!!!!!. . . to Becky

---------

From: Melissa Speelman (lucylomax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 06:02:05 PDT

Becky,

The apron and palette project was done with my 8th graders.
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/apronsgal/index.htm
Each student chose an artist and created an apron that the artist may have
used (or practiced on). We gessoed the aprons (I found the most inexpensive
aprons I could). Some students added "paint smudges on the apron in the
style of the artist). Others added things in the pockets that the artist
may have used for their art. The palettes were created using cardboard and
sometimes other additive materials. Each piece relates to a work of the
chosen artist. They were awesome!

---