Clay - Air Dry or Kiln?

---------

From: Catherine Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 22:40:43 PDT

Aloha All,
I'm in the process of putting together my Purchase Order for my art program
and I'm trying to decide what type of clay to purchase. I've researched my
area to find a public kiln to fire the students pieces and there is a very
reasonable (.60 a piece) ceramic hobbyist store willing to help me out.
However the clay and glazes are expensive so maybe this might not be the
best way to go for my first year of teaching art. One of the other teachers
at my school suggested Air Dry Clay which I've never worked with so I don't
have any experience to go on and would greatly appreciate any advice or
suggestions as to what type of clay to use with my students. I teach 5th -
8th and would like to introduce some sort of clay project to them as well as
a bunch of other art projects... but I'll save my question for those later.

Mahalo,
Cathy

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.