RE: Need Ideas for senior guys...

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 20:22:30 PDT

I taught a high school visual arts class 2 years ago and one of their favorite
projects was "Arthouse".(I'll try too get some examples together after this
weekend, if anyone is interested) It is inspired by the book "Arthouse" by
Graham Parry (check on ebay- found one for a fellow teacher there) in which he
has designed rooms in the style of different artists. I gave the students a
list of artists to chose from and they designed their own rooms in the style
(& media) of that artist. The guys loved the following artists: Bosch, Escher,
Bacon, Munch, Christo, and Oldenburg. Speaking of Oldenburg- we also did
oversized every day item sculptures & they made sketches of where the
sculptures would go if the were to be installed in public. My favorite: a huge
key in front of a prison!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---