Need Ideas for senior guys...

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 19:48:55 PDT

> They've done woodcuts...and this worked
> OK...but this group is destructive and at the same time too playful.

Woodcuts worked because they got to chop wood

> They broke up about 50 of my new
> Prismacolor colored pencils
they got to chop wood

They are "bad" boys :-). They need to chop wood. They want to destroy.
Give them something to destroy and put back together.
Boys want to build, they want to manipulate materials, and they have to
touch things including each other.

Give them 3-D
let them hammer and bang and chip and carve
let them make models and build structures
give them design problems and make them work in cooperative teams
       they like teams, they like competition relate to the games they
like to play or their cars
get off the 2-d stuff - they can't sit

if you let them chop with a purpose they won't destroy what you value

Patty

---