Re: Need Ideas for senior guys...

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 20:12:37 PDT

Carolyn, I swear your counselor called mine and talked about what a good
idea this would be! *L* My class of "boys" is down to 8. One week into
school and I had 2 go to ISS, one dropped out. The remaining 8 are Art 1 and
motivationally challenged. I had a box of odds & ends game pieces that I had
them draw. They chose 5 different shapes and worked on shadows, shapes, etc.
They didn't do too badly. Course they are being blown away by my "girls"
class. It has 20 students - 2 boys, girls are all high achievers. How that
happened I'll never know, but I am NOT complaining! :-)
~Michal

> HELP!
> I need some ideas for my "boys class", of which the majority of them are
> seniors (already with senioritis) and are very difficult to motivate.

---