Jen - help with graphics lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 08:53:50 PDT

Hi again Jen jellyjellybean14216@yahoo.com ,

I don't have much on logo design. I did have my students create their own
personal company logos one year - but that was just for their own
experience....I wasn't expecting/requiring something that would have such an
honor. Give me sometime to see if I can find something for you:
I only have some links on this page -
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artists.htm I didn't
save all of the other links I found for my students. I did find some good
logo design this summer - maybe I can turn up those links again. This site
is good on overall design concepts:
http://www.mundidesign.com/presentation/index2.html

I have a tendency to forget when I tell someone I will do something for
them....so do remind me off list if you still need help
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I have some other things on my "to-do" list for today.
I have some lessons of my own to prepare. Once a teacher - always a teacher.

I guess my advice would be to brainstorm just what you want the logo to say
about the school? What kind of message do you want it to tell? How can you
get that message across with a simple bold design? My husband's current
school did research several years ago to find out what a real Shawnee Indian
looked like -no goofy stereotype headdress Indian - but a real Shawnee. I am
proud of that logo, too, since that is my own high school. It even became a
"community" effort since my high school co-worker at my former school helped
with the research and design (my high school co-worker who I greatly admired
was quite knowledgeable in Indians and Indian culture). So.... I would do
some research into your school mascot - what does that mascot mean to you?
Hmmmmm..... I know they took the old "mascot" off the school buses long
ago...I am thinking they may have even sandblasted the one off the building.
I'll have to check no - you have me curious....Anyways...be proud - show
that pride in the logo.

Talk to you later,

Judy Decker

P.S. for anyone else reading....pardon me for posting to the list...but I
thought others would like to know too. I worked pretty hard to Save Getty
ArtsEdNet Talk...all summer long, too....so I intend to use it. No, I didn't
have anything to do with why we still have ArtsEdNet Talk I am sure -- but I
know who did.