Back from New Mexico

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 07:12:05 PDT

It's good to be home in KC. It was 106 the day we left and 72 when we got
back yesterday. We looked over lots of builders in Albuquerque and
picked
out a house but we are waiting to see if the right lot is available.
Frani won't
move if she can't see the mountain. I agree.

Indian market was great. 1000 artists, we walked and walked and looked and
looked. Loads of beautiful stuff but lots was already sold and gone.
When we
do this next year we will go to the preview/judging on Friday night.
People were
lined up for the 6 am opening to by from the best. One artists said he
made 1/2
of his yearly income from the annual market. Our friend Suzy Folwell brought
20 pots and they were all gone by 12:30 when we found her booth. Frani would
have gotten a Navajo Lady from Sharon Dryflower but it was sold. That saved
me $500. I got to talk to Barbara Gonzales (Maria's Great Granddaughter) who
taught a workshop I took in Lawrence years ago. I also ran into Yazzie Johnson
and Gail Bird, Silversmiths who came to my classroom a few years back. Rain
follows Frani around, so when the rain hit Santa Fe we went to look a houses
in Albuquerque.

Soon, Albuquerque will be our home. I forgot to check on broadband cable access
in the area we picked. I can not imagine being on dialup. On the way
back we stopped
at my cousin's place in Colorado Springs. We had a wonderful visit and a
grand tour
of the area. But, it's always good to be home. Now, we have to get ready
to take the
triplets to Disneyland. Isn't retirement wonderful.

                                                                Woody in KC / For Now Anyway

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: