Re: cell phones in school???

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 18:00:26 PDT

Our board just passed this as well, and surprisingly it is being supported
by the teachers. We don't have phones in our rooms, and everyone decided
that if an emergency arose it would be nice to have communication available.
HOWEVER, they may not ring during class, the students may not use them,
bring them out, etc. IF they are seen the rule is the same as it is for the
cd players - I see it it's mine. Parents may pick up the offending object
the first time from the office - second offense the office keeps it till the
end of the year. We are all of one week into the school year and so far no
problems. I really don't care as long as they doesn't disrupt my class.
~Michal

> > Our School Board decided to let the kids have their cell phones in
school
> > this year. I can think of a million reasons why this is a bad idea. Do
> any
> > other high schools allow this?

---