Re: Hands -Michal's Altered Book

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 17:19:34 PDT

Tape transfer is a "new to me" technique that I learned when I joined an
altered book group consisting mainly of scrapbookers. They have so many cool
toys - why don't we artists have those? :-) To do this technique you take
clear packing tape and place it over your image - magazine pictures, printer
copies, you just have to experiment. Soak the tape with water and let it sit
for a few minutes. I use a damp paper towel to gently rub the paper off the
tape, leaving just the image on the tape. The tape remains sticky, so you
can put the tape in your artwork. It's just a different approach to placing
images in your artwork. :-)
~Michal

> Yes, Michal's book is a must see:
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/alteredhandscover.html
> You will want to see every page! Michal if you see this - what is a Tape
> transfer?
> >>Tape transfer is in the bottom right corner.
> I already told Michal don't make an altered book - she alredy made mine
for
> me (this is so ME, too).
>
> While you are at it --take a look at all of her altered books:
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/teacher.html
> AND then see the list members books:
> http://members.cox.net/croberts18/index.htm

---