RE: Hands!!!!!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 10:58:40 PDT

One of my favorite "extra' projects for early finishers in 5th grade - Valued hands
Students trace their hand 3 times with pen on 9x12 paper, with hands overlappping and outlines of all hands showing. Then, draw 4 more lines, with a ruler, from one edge across to the opposite side, dividing the largest spaces into smaller spaces. This line will also go through the hand tracings. Then pick 4 colors ( any type of color scheme works here) and color each space from dark to light. If all spaces are colored from dark to light in the same direction - from left to right or from center out, for example, these turn out very cool, the kids love doing it! It's particularly good for working on colored pencil values .

Jan