Lessons for Inner City - Art Partners

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 12:08:31 PDT

Dear Friends in Art Education,

I heard from Dr Lucy Andrus, Professor at Buffalo State College the other
day (ironically on HER day - the day of the Light Quote - her name means
light - We enjoyed talking about that). Anyway, she wanted to let everyone
know that there are more lessons and unit plans on Art Partners site. Deb
Sterner (Getty member) helped set up this web site. It is well worth the
visit -whether you teach inner city kids or country kids.
http://www.artpartnersprogram.com/
Art Partners: Promoting equity, diversity and access to art experiences for
all children -- a collaborative fieldwork program involving faculty and
students from Buffalo State College (BSC), Buffalo, NY, with teachers and
students in Buffalo Public Schools. Art Partners focuses on urban students
attending inner city schools who have special learning needs. Quality lesson
plans/units!

This site is linked from Art Eduation:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

P.S. for Christa-Maria and Carol if you are reading, I now have a new way to
address everyone that is quite fun. Carol and Breanne - see the hands mural.
I bet there are hands ideas on this site.

---