Re: Contract - we might strike, class size

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 14:33:13 PDT

Ken, do what you feel is the right thing, whatever that is. For me, I
had to speak up or they would run me down. I have about ten years until
retirement, and would like to stay in teaching that long. (I'll worry
about the insurance later)
I would be willing to bet, however, that you are the beginning of a
trend that will be cutting across the country. Class size is an
important issue and many schools have gone overboard. My son (HS) had
to sit on the floor because of not enough seats in an overcrowded room
of 40 kids meant to fit 25. Now, I know he'll live, but he's going to
think that this is the way school is- crowded, under funded, and
stressed out teachers. What kind of learning environment is that?
Hang in there, you have my support in whatever decision you make.
Betsy

Bicyclken@aol.com wrote:

> Our district has not had a contract with teacher for two years. We
> are battling because we a re the lowest in our area and they has
> deceived us and are trying

---