Re: Contract language

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 14:21:20 PDT

Thanks Michelle- this helps alot! It has been hard, stressful, and isn't over.
I must go through our site based committee and plead my case . But, with contact
to the reps , progress is happening. I have learned that by doing nothing,
you gain nothing. I am not asking for the moon, just equal opportunity to offer
students the best of what I have to offer them, and not be an assembly line
babysitter. PS, I taught in NY state, where all teachers were treated the same.
So coming to a state that didn't , was hard to swallow.
Thanks again,
Betsy

Michele Berlin wrote:

> Rick,
> See if this helps:
> On program guidelines, " there should be no more than three consecutive
> teaching assignments and no more than four consecutive working
> assignments (including professional activities).
>
> Teaching periods, " Teachers shall have a maximum teaching load of 25
> periods per week except where they are programmed for an average of 25
> periods.
>
> "

---