Re: paint for windows

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 07:20:15 PDT

Just so you'll know, I found that some reds faded (even in near shade)
within days , and that white needed more detergent than the others to
keep from chipping. We reverse-painted the windows of a new coffeeshop
in town - total coverage - during construction. The Sargeant gold did
pretty well, a nice effect from the front.

(The day laborers doing the construction dicovered they could scratch
obscenities in the paint pretty quickly too)

carm@dtnspeed.net wrote:

> Cathy, I've only left the paintings up for a couple of months. I
> have to agree with Leslie, one of the problems is keeping little hands
> away from it and scratching it off. I just put a "squirt" of
> dishwashing detergent into the tempera and that seems to work well.
> When we clean it off, we just use water and borrow the custodian's
> squeegee and dry with paper towels. It can also be scraped off, but
> that it a bit more tedious. Hope that helps. Anne C-H in
> Illinois Does the dishwashing/tempra paint
> last the whole year without chipping or fading?
>
> I found that this lasted except where the children scratch
> it off. I have a fifth grade group of students, who are in
> charge of fixing the scratches. Leslie in Framingham, MA
>
> ---
> bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---