Re: Contract - we might strike, class size

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust64_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 07:30:12 PDT

I don't think it is legal anywhere. Just some states choose to ignore
that fact. Look what happened to some Jersey teachers about two years
ago. They took a chance, went on strike, some of them wound up in jail
for it. I think it just depends on how fed up everybody is. Let's face
it, we really do get no respect. All across the country we get dumped
on, and yet we are in charge of the most precious commodity in the US,
children. Go figure.
Michele

Deb M. wrote:

> In Wisconsin we legally aren't allowed to strike - so the school
> districts/school boards have no incentive to settle our contracts.
> The last 2 years, my district held our money (from lane changes and
> step increases - not from raises, which we never get) hostage for TWO
> YEARS before settling at the end of the contract session in May.
> They are likely to do the same thing this time - why not??

> MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
> http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
>

> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu