Re: Contract - we might strike, class size

---------

From: Deb M. (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 07:08:44 PDT

In Wisconsin we legally aren't allowed to strike - so the school
districts/school boards have no incentive to settle our contracts. The
last 2 years, my district held our money (from lane changes and step
increases - not from raises, which we never get) hostage for TWO YEARS
before settling at the end of the contract session in May. They are likely
to do the same thing this time - why not??