Re: Contract language

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust64_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 07:08:18 PDT

Rick,
See if this helps:
On program guidelines, " there should be no more than three consecutive
teaching assignments and no more than four consecutive working
assignments (including professional activities).

Teaching periods, " Teachers shall have a maximum teaching load of 25
periods per week except where they are programmed for an average of 25
periods.

"Shop teachers in vocational, comprehensive and academic high schools
shall not be programmed for more than five periods a day."

I took this right out of the NYC contract. If you want more let me know,
they go into all sorts of specifics about coverages and duties and
things of that nature. All subjects are created equal in NYC, which is
what I love about teaching there.
Michele

Rick wrote:

>I have volunteered to be on a union committee this year. There has come one
>good thing about all of this ( the regular classroom teachers making a over
>loaded schedule to give themselves more plan time.) and that is that they will
>make it part of the contract language not to overload us. That is why I am
>trying to see how other districts have worded this.

---