Re: Contract language

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 03:37:04 PDT

I have volunteered to be on a union committee this year. There has come one
good thing about all of this ( the regular classroom teachers making a over
loaded schedule to give themselves more plan time.) and that is that they will
make it part of the contract language not to overload us. That is why I am
trying to see how other districts have worded this. Our school is a mess
right now over this- and I do mean a big mess. For me, after 20 years in the
classroom, it is just wearing me out. I think they call it burnout.
Betsy
Sharon Henneborn wrote:

> I didn't find the beginning of this thread but it made me think about
> my own experience. For 30 years in the district where I taught I was
> active in the union (after tenure). The last year I was there 3 of 7

---