Re: Contract language

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 20:56:38 PDT

I didn't find the beginning of this thread but it made me think about
my own experience. For 30 years in the district where I taught I was
active in the union (after tenure). The last year I was there 3 of 7
officers in my building were special teachers. When I went to
district meetings one out of 3 officers and reps were special subject
teachers. We have had some struggles over the years but at least we
were in there and we could represent our interests when they came up.
>From: Nnaell@aol.com
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu>
>Subject: Re: Contract language
>Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2003, 7:28 PM
> we have tried to get this specifically for specials in our contract since
> time began...no way no how will our union representation touch it with a
> 100 foot pole. It is very sad!!!

---