Artist who works with maps - exhibit - Michigan

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 17:06:58 PDT

(Thanks Christa-Maria - there are several Michigan folks on the Getty list -
I can see this inspiring high school students..."Altered Maps")

Christina Hahn:
http://www.northquest.com/hahn/

Shown through September at:
Bella Galleria & Sculpture Studio
17015 Center Road
Old Mission Peninsula
Traverse City, MI
231.223.4142

Christa Maria saw my post to Art Education and came back with the gallery
where her daughter's work can be seen. She also exhibits in Grand Rapids at
the underground of the 'La Fontsee' (sp) gallery and in Leland, MI at the
Mainstreet Gallery. Christa Maria says the maps underneath her paintings are
a well thought out collage, really cool in themselves and one can only see
them peaking through, when one is close to the Artwork. She uses old
roadmaps and copies from old Atlases.

(Art - Science - Geography integration)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com