Re: virus message/sharon

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 15:14:01 PDT

Yes, I got that report today on my yahoo account. It is impossible to spread a virus through a web-based e-mail program unintentionally (like you can with Outlook Express). My panda anti-virus software has stopped 88 virus/worms TODAY alone, 76 yesterday.
~Michal

  Yeah, isn't this the PITS?! I've done virus scans on my computer and it's clean, but the way that this new one works is that it chooses a random address in someone's address book and uses that _address_ to send out virused emails, so that the virus can't be tracked down to the person who's really infected! But from what I can tell, it's not sending to people in MY address book!!

  But yes, PLEASE be careful about opening anything, especially if it has any type of weird subject line....

  Sharon
  sharon@art-rageous.net
  www.art-rageous.net/OnlineStores.html

---