For Student Teacher Shopping for Clothes

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 14:05:14 PDT

Dear Student Teacher,

I missed your post ....Find out if you are permitted to wear a doctor's lab
coat. Instant respect. Well worth the investment.
Teachers and kids called me Dr. Decker just for fun. I bought a white one on
purpose for my first lab coat. My back up one was a lightweight denim.
The art supply catalogs (like Sax page 116 see below) have lab coats - but
mine was cheaper through the uniform supply store. Mine had knitted cuffs so
the sleeves fit right. Mine was more for a lady doctor - which was fine.

From the student teacher:
<snip>As far as the clothes issue, shopping for student teaching clothes has
me perplexed...I'm supposed to look nice to make a good impression (I
haven't earned the respect yet!)

Student teacher - next time I'll try to watch for you posts. Be sure to
introduce yourself again.
I just wasn't paying attention to all of the post about clothes. I found
this "snip" in one that was posted today.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

P.S. What do you know! Sax has the white lab coats now too- see page
116...and it is about the same price I paid. 301-9304 medium $29.90 and
301-9312 for large.Ladies might want to adjust the sleeves....You all can be
Doctors of Art.

P.P.S. I have so many fun Dr. Decker stories I could share....but you are
busy.

P.P.P.S. Would it be possible for folks to include the email address of the
original sender too with the snippets? I would have just sent this to the
student teacher. I just happened to open the post with the snippet in
Mailwasher today.

---