The So Big Virus update

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 13:22:32 PDT

Dear Getty folks,

There is no need to post to the list when you receive and email from a Getty
member address. The virus has grabbed our emails from the Getty archives too
somehow I am sure. Whoever created this is pretty clever. I get hundreds
literally a day of these. There is a lot of information available on the web
about it and what subject lines to delete...Details, Thank You, Movie,
...Now there is SOS and I got one I think today that was honey. Norton has
good information about it: http://www.symantec.com/ So far the only way to
infect your computer is to open the attachment - but to be safe just delete
the entire email.
I read that it is supposed to run its course by September 9 and stop
altogether on Sept 10...and that is a good thing - right before Jeannie
Sandoval celebrates Patriot's Day.
It started on my Father's birthday....and is stopping the day before my
Brother's birthday. Everyone be sure to go out tomorrow night and celebrate
my brother Steve's birthday.Mars is putting on a show for him. We'll have
our telescope out.

Sorry Carolyn - I know you want to know...but I think everyone knows now
that list members are not sending these...the virus only comes in the
attachemnt - not in the list members emails (don't take offense with my
post - it is not intended to offend). If everyone would keep their virus
definitions up to date we would have no need to post to the list that so and
so may have a virus anyway. I do like it when Maggie informs us of new
information about the viruses that are out there....."OK Judy"....just my
little "vent" for today. You are lucky you didn't get my other one. I will
share that one with Carolyn off list so she can have a laugh (some laughs
are meant to be private)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department