Knott Just Another Quote - Light

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 07:42:13 PDT

For all Linda's - and everyone else too.

Sorry I'm late today.... I had a lot of mail to answer. Now you will just
have to sing this during lunch time like I did with a co-worker...we had so
much fun that day.
Her name was Evonne - but should have been Linda, too - she sure was
"Beautiful"! My administrator gave us some kind of quote that day to smile -
heck, we had no trouble with that one....but it was his first positive quote
so we had to "celebrate". Let that little light of yours shine! (my
cousin -dad's cousin- calls your smile your sunshine).

Music by Harry Dixon Loes

This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine,
Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,
Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,
Gonna let my little light shine.

You'll have to sing the rest yourselves.... (Evonne and I didn't know the
rest of the words)

You all have work to do now. Just keep them wondering what it is that you
have...You have the HOTS...and love your job...
Because what you are teaching is important and something all kids will USE
sometime in their life - everyday of their lives.
Patty is right - they won't remember the "grammer" of art. But the
experience they will remember. Not only are you teaching them to admire
something they have made - but you are also teaching them to admire art of
others...and to value art....and to buy art! Help them see what is beautiful
(and yes not so beautiful)

Now go out and "create" a whole new breed of people who just can't wait to
go and buy ART!..and make art.
Whether or not it matches their sofa -- they will buy art that has meaning
for them...and have value...and it just might match their sofa, too.
(please Home Interiors - take no offense....Kincade - I know you take no
offense. Look how much action we gave you over the summer. You get to laugh
everyday - and make "art" --and your little lights shine all the time -day
or night - in their happy homes)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

P.S. for Dawn S. if you are reading. Someday I will redo your triangle
showing the HOTS in art - with the big part of the triangle at the top. Just
smile when I get it done.

P.P.S. For those of you who want to sing the whole song - the lyrics and
music are on the Internet - and easy to find. My posting of just a few words
is my "fair use".
http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/faculty.htm

---