RE: Negative Space Experience

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 04:45:15 PDT

I did the exercise below too - and I used the book Shapes and Things by Tana
Hoban -
and I have a book of Notan:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D290135B5

a review:

The Book Notan is a stimulating journey in to the World of design.Every
aspiring designer should own this book. The exercises are sure to help in
the development of an understanding of the importance of "negative" space
and it's relationship with good design. I would recommend this book to ages
12 and up, for those with an eye for art, or who would like to develop their
eye. I find myself returning to this book on a regular basis to refresh my
Vision and kick start my creativity. An Exceptional Book!!

Ellen

 I took acetate and covered a
> famous piece of Artwork and posted it on the cabinet. I would again
> choose a different student to use an oveerhead marker to identify the
> negative spaces.

---