Re: grades and grading

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 22:13:18 PDT

Cealgaire@aol.com writes:

> I've found that with MS Excel I can duplicate the green grade book format, to
> be printed and pasted into the book. A digital grade book

Our district uses Grade Quick. This year we are starting Edline, which is a
program, where you put your grades in the regular Grade Quick program and
then send them to EdLine and the parents can look at grades online. They
have a password for their student.

A really nice thing is that the Central Office can send us our class rosters
directly to this program....so no typing in names, checking spelling...etc.
etc. You can post grades and hold them till you are ready to post online,
but you really have to keep up so that parents, Admin counselors don't check
and see noo new grades. Although if you have a big assignment you can make
an attachment that will be read by every class or just an individual. So
you could say, we are working on murals and your student is expected
to...... etc.!
Becky

---