art teacher clothes

---------

From: peggi brewton (artsmart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 16:39:36 PDT

I'm catching up on about two weeks worth of email - hope no one minds
one more post on art teacher clothing:

I wear black tights & a black tank top every day (during these warm
months, I'm wearing black capris) with a bright colored over-sized
blouse. When I get to school, I switch my blouse for my multi-colored,
tie-dyed lab coat. On it, I have added about a dozen art & teacher
pins, along with my name embroidered over the breast pocket. I stay
clean - I look pretty hip [could it be just my opinion?] and there's no
doubt to anyone - regular or visitor - who I am. The coat has lots of
pockets - it's lightweight - can be worn open or buttoned -depending on
the project - and is really comfortable.

I'm able to trade the labcoat for my blouse after school's over and go
just about anywhere - clean! My husband teases my about my Mr. Rogers'
style of changing, but we both agree - it works!

Whenever the admin talks about switching to uniforms, I say "I'm already
wearing one"

Peggi B

---