Re: Negative Space Experience

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 16:23:33 PDT

I taught my students negative space from the time they
drew their first still life. I spent a lot of time
sticking my hands through negative spaces and
"drawing" the shape in the air for them.

The fact that I kept saying the negative space was
just as important though really seemed to stick best
when they made tesselations- The obvious success of
the ones done correctly really demonstrated that a
shape could be defined what surrounded it.

Good luck! Dawn