Recieved My Heard Museum Posters!

---------

From: Grace Hall (Grace_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 14:56:59 PDT

Hi everyone!
I was just reading some of the latest posts and realized that I could sit here all day reading posts and exploring your suggestions. I thought the Letterboxing was soooo neat! I'm going to do that one, and my husband the science teacher is interested in it too. Then today there's an awsome site recommended on Found Art! How cool is that??? Thanks to all of you, I have a million ideas running around in my head!

The Heard Museum Posters are everything they said and more. They are all contemporary works by Native American artists. They range from coil baskets to mural paintings about American Histroy thru Native American eyes. The mural paintings are very good, there are 4 in that particular set, so there's really more than 9! I'm sending mine to be laminated this week. Hurry and send for your's before they're all gone!

Judy has already shared with you that my students and I are working on American Art History this year. I teach the same kids 4 years in a row, and they always lump Art II-IV into the same class, so there's not much sense in trying to teach the same thing from year to year because it will be the same thing for the same kids. Anyway, my wonderful first day of school is off to a really good start. My students have completed their American History Timelines. We have 2 different timelines hung in the Art Department hallway, each representing different class periods. Over the top and bottom of the timelines I've inserted art by famous American artists of the same time period, so they could start to see the evolution of American art, as well as how history has influenced them. I've had numerous compliments from students and teachers and I'm not anywhere near putting up all of the famous American artwork!

Judy! I've decided that the best art production project that my students could be doing next is your Hero Triptychs lesson. I've got it ready to go for tomorrow morning! The bellwork question of the day is: "Who is your hero of American History? Why have you chosen them as your hero? I've got my sample ready to go, with my hero being Thomas Jefferson. I have handouts describing the steps, and a powerpoint about Icons! I'll send you some pictures of what we come up with on our Triptychs!

So I hope everyone is having as good a year as I am having so far! Don't forget to send that check for your posters!
Grace in Louisiana

---