My wonderful first day of school!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:00:07 PDT

Yes....I know you don't have time to post to the list now.... this is for
fun.

Here is a post everyone who wants to can reply to when they have time (no
rush). I will save in a folder for when folks want to know what to do the
first week of school NEXT summer. This will be a super fun way for me to
help the new art teachers that join over the summer. I did save a lot of
your posts this summer on what you planned to do.

So...how was your wonderful first day/week of school?

I am going to start with what I imagine Jancy Cossin's jmcossin@yahoo.com to
be.

School is starting next week for Jancy and she has so many ideas (thanks to
the list and summer planning) coming out in so many
directions she doesn't know where to start first! She is going to do that
Found Art thing with her students the first day instead of pounding rules
into their heads. They will get the rules, just not at the start of class.
Or they can work on their Found Art while she goes over them. Most of them
she has had for a year or two anyway.

Go to www.found-art.com

It was where you create a small artwork and leave it somewhere. She is doing
it with all of her kids (about 160) and they have to leave them somewhere in
the community for someone to find. There will be a sticker on it with her
class web page. On there, She will have information about the project and
then they can email her about the one they find. She is having the kids do
them on those large mailing tags with a hole and string on it and each are
numbered so that the finder can identify which one they had. She will also
have a link from her site to the original. She just thought of all of this
so she has a lot to do! The best ideas always come that way, Jancy - I'm
happy to start the sharing with you.

Jancy Cossin jmcossin@yahoo.com

I can't wait for Jancy to share the results of this cool idea!

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

P.S. for Jancy - thanks for allowing me to edit your message(s) to me a bit
(smile).
P.P.S. My hubby's first day with kids in his new school is tomoroow. I am
looking forward to his happy story.

---